How Do You Know if it’s Time to Buy New Tires?
Tires that are worn, uneven, or damaged can affect your ability to stop, or they can blow out when it’s least convenient. But how do you know when it’s time to buy new tires?
Most tire manufacturers offer recommendations on how long your tires should serve you, but that’s only a guideline. There are many factors that can affect your tire’s actual lifespan including road conditions, temperature, maintenance, and the way you use your vehicle.
Taking good care of your tires by ensuring that they are properly inflated is a good start, but there are a few other things you can do to help you get the most out of your tire investment:
- Rotate regularly: Rotating your tires at least twice a year will ensure even wear.
- Check your alignment: An improperly aligned vehicle will cause uneven tire wear and can destroy your car’s bearings as well.
- Park inside: By limiting the amount of ultraviolet light your vehicle is exposed to, you’ll reduce the breakdown of the tire rubber.
- Drive carefully: Driving within the posted speed limit, staying off the gravel, and avoiding colliding with obstacles will ensure you get the most life out of your tires.
Even if your tires have been well cared for, Michelin recommends replacing them at least every 10 years to ensure maximum usability. This includes the spare tire.
How Do I Know if My Tires are Still Good?
Your tires should regularly be inspected to ensure that they are still functional and safe.
- Inspect each tire: Walk around your vehicle and check all four tires inside and out. Look for foreign objects, signs of uneven wear, and any debris stuck in the treads.
- Examine the tread: Check your tread to make sure that it’s not worn too far down to be safe. All you need to do is grab a penny and insert it with Abraham Lincoln upside down facing you. If you can see the top of Abe’s head, it’s time for new tires.
Get New Tires at Green Dodge
When your Dodge vehicle is in need of one or more new tires, you can contact the service professionals at Green Dodge or visit us in Springfield, not far from Jacksonville or Taylorville.
More About Car Service
If you’re having trouble turning over your engine, you’re probably going to need to jump start your car battery. These moments can be stressful, but the team at Green Dodge has your back. Follow this guide to quickly and easily get back to your drives around the Chatham region. If your battery has reached the end…
Whether you experience a flat tire or the treads have worn down too far and you want to put fresh tires on yourself, knowing how to change a tire is an important skill to have. This can save you from having to wait on the side of the road in Chatham or riding around on…
Parts The Mopar Vehicle Protection plan extends the coverage of your standard new vehicle warranty. In addition, perks like a car rental allowance and trip interruption protection provide more confidence on the hectic streets of Chatham. Learn more at Green Dodge. Is the Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan Right for Me? The Mopar Vehicle Protection program is…