Uconnect®: Android Auto and Apple CarPlay on Ram and Dodge
The latest update to our lineup at Green Dodge includes the 4th Generation of the Uconnect® 8.4 Touchscreen on vehicles like the Ram 1500, which includes Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay®. Whether your first thought is to ask Siri for help or you’re just getting used to a smartphone, Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay® are designed to bring the convenience of your phone to the dash of your vehicle – letting you stay connected while keeping your eyes on the road. Read on if you’re curious about the differences between Apple Carplay® vs. Android Auto™ or how to set up Apple CarPlay® or Android Auto.
Uconnect® Android Auto™
Stay focused, connected, and entertained on the streets of Springfield with the perfect Uconnect® Android driving companion in a new Dodge Challenger. With just a quick “Ok Google,” the Google Assistant is at your beck and call. It can:
- Remind you of your upcoming meetings, synced with Google Calendar.
- Navigate you to home, work, or other destinations tied to your Google account.
- Text anyone in your contacts with voice-to-speech technology.
- Automatically play audio: your favorite album, playlist, podcast, or audiobook.
- Load useful driving apps.
Not only can you find Android Auto™ now on select Dodge and Ram vehicles with Uconnect®, but you can get a feel for it right now on your Android device. The Android Auto™ app for your phone brings the convenient, hands-free functionality to your current ride until you’re in a place to upgrade to a brand new vehicle at Green Dodge.
Uconnect® Apple CarPlay®
Android is just half the equation when talking smartphones and Uconnect®, and if you’re one of Chatham’s many loyal iPhone users, we have a solution for you as well. Apple CarPlay® is a smarter, safer way to use an iPhone in the car. Apple CarPlay® is designed to take the things an Rochester driver would want to do in the car and put them right on the vehicle’s built-in display, including:
- Making calls
- Sending and receiving messages
- Listening to music
- Getting directions
- Using Siri to answer all of your questions
If you’re like us, it’s tough to go too long without checking your iPhone, and now you won’t have to. New Dodge and Ram vehicles with Uconnect® are equipped with Apple CarPlay® to bring the iPhone, the App Store, and the Apple experience to the dash of your vehicle. Apple CarPlay® is now found on over 200 different models, and you’ll find many of them here at Green Dodge.
Apple Carplay® vs. Android Auto™: What’s the Difference?
What’s the difference between Apple CarPlay® vs. Android Auto™? There are slight user experience differences between Uconnect® Apple CarPlay® vs. Uconnect® Android Auto™. The interface for the current model year looks nearly identical to each other. The home screen displays app icons in the style of an Apple or Android phone. You can click on Google maps, music apps, and more. You’ll find that maps on Android Auto™ have the ability to pinch and zoom as well as move around the map with a swipe. Apple CarPlay® offers Apple maps as well as Google maps but is less user friendly with up and down arrows and plus and minus buttons to move around the map.
Both systems allow more connectivity features than past models, with greater ease-of-use.
How to Set Up Android Auto™
Are you wondering how to set up Android Auto™ in your new Dodge or Ram? Set-up is easy! Follow the instructions below to set-up Uconnect® Android Auto™.
- Turn on your car and put it in Park.
- Make sure you have a strong wifi signal.
- Connect your smartphone to your infotainment system with a USB cord.
- Open your phone to the home screen. You may get a prompt to update apps such as Google Maps.
- Your phone will then ask you to download the Android Auto™ app on your smartphone. Download the app, then move on to the next step.
- Review the safety policy and grant Android Auto™ access to your apps.
- Turn on all notifications for the best user experience.
- You’re done! Now, every time you plug in your smartphone, you’ll connect to Android Auto™.
How to Set Up Apple CarPlay®
Do you want to learn how to set up Apple CarPlay®? Follow the steps below to set up Apple CarPlay® inside your new Dodge or Ram.
- Start your car and make sure Siri is turned on.
- Plug your iPhone into the USB port in your car. The port is labeled with an Apple CarPlay® or smartphone icon.
- If your Uconnect® system supports wireless Apple CarPlay®, press and hold the voice command button on your steering wheel.
- Make sure that your stereo is in wireless or Bluetooth® mode.
- Go to your settings> General > CarPlay. Then tap available cars and select your Dodge,Ram.
- You’re set! Check your owner’s manual if you need further guidance.
Learn More About Uconnect® Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™
Still have questions about Uconnect®, Android Auto™, or Apple CarPlay®? Or want to see how easy it is to use these new features? Contact our team today, and we’ll set up a test drive or a demo for you!
Find a New Ram or Dodge with Android Auto™ & Apple CarPlay®