Summer Events & Festivals in Springfield
People from Chatham, Rochester, Decatur, and beyond make a point every summer to attend these local events and festivals in Springfield, with just a few favorites that include:
- Abe Fest
- Downhome Music Beer and Art Festival
- Powerlight Abe Lincoln Car Show Spectacular & Super Cruise
- Illinois State Fair
- History Comes Alive
Read on to find out what each of these popular events can offer.
Don’t Miss These Great Summer Events in Springfield
- Abe Fest: Running on July 19 and 20, downtown Springfield’s newest music festival brings a weekend of big-name live music from acts like the BoDeans & The Smithereens and The Bad Examples. You can also expect plenty of craft beer selections as well as delicious food.
- Downhome Music Beer and Art Festival: From July 26 to 27, the Downhome Music Beer and Art Festival will showcase local music while introducing festival goers to over 100 different craft beers. You’ll also find plenty of local food vendors, plus a kid’s area to keep the little ones entertained.
- Powerlight Abe Lincoln Car Show Spectacular & Super Cruise: Running August 2 and 3, the Powerlight Show will feature both air and ground displays. Look to the sky for a flyover from the Saints Flight Helicopter, and enjoy ground displays from the Brandt’s #7 show car race car, Sangamon County K-9 demo, Route 66 tribute, 50th Anniversary Cougar tribute, and more!
- Illinois State Fair: You can’t talk about summer events in Springfield without mentioning the Illinois State Fair. From August 8 to 18, this family-friendly fair will present livestock shows, carnival rides, world-renowned concert artists, free entertainment, auto racing, agricultural exhibits, contests, and more.
- History Comes Alive: Already on and running until August 10, History Comes Alive is a summer-long event that lets you step back in time to the Springfield Lincoln knew before he reached the White House. Explore everything from the music people enjoyed to the types of games the kids played with activities available seven days a week.
We’re Here to Let You in on the Best Springfield Events and Attractions
Whether you need to find the best things in Springfield for families, the city’s top hotels, or simply a great place for pizza, the team at our Springfield showroom can help. Simply contact us today for any further advice or assistance, and even discover the greatest roadside attractions you should stop at the next time you’re on a road trip through Illinois.
More From Green Dodge
People from Chatham, Rochester, Decatur, and beyond make a point every summer to attend these local events and festivals in Springfield, with just a few favorites that include: Abe Fest Downhome Music Beer and Art Festival Powerlight Abe Lincoln Car Show Spectacular & Super Cruise Illinois State Fair History Comes Alive Read on to find…
Summer’s nearly upon us and the weather is looking nicer by the day, so you know what that means, right? It’s time to spruce up your near-mint vintage car and head on down to the local car shows in Springfield! If you’re a car enthusiast located in Springfield, or even surrounding towns like Chatham or…
Springfield, IL is an excellent destination for anyone who is a history buff, while also offering a range of activities for you and the family to partake in during your visit. If you’re planning on spending more than a day in Springfield, and need a place to stay, here are our recommendations of excellent hotels…