What Does SRT Mean?
SRT started as a stand-alone division under Fiat Chrysler Automobiles originally focused on designing and building the Dodge Viper. Standing for “Street and Racing Technology,” the division produced performance-optimized technology for Dodge, Jeep, and Chrysler. Today, the SRT name is consolidated under Dodge, expanding its lineup of performance-oriented vehicles. With every model it offers including the Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat, Dodge Challenger SRT Demon, and Dodge Durango SRT, Street and Racing Technology is all about big horsepower, line–promising performance, and pulse-pounding 0-to-60 times. Suffice it to say, if you love pure muscle performance, a SRT vehicle is more than capable.
For decades, many vehicles have carried the SRT name. What started simply as high-output motors has evolved into a high-performance subgroup of vehicles within the Dodge lineup that includes:
- Dodge Challenger SRT
- Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
- Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye
- Dodge Challenger SRT Demon
- Dodge Charger SRT
- Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
- Dodge Durango SRT
These vehicles are designed to do more than just go fast (although the Demon is the fastest production car on the planet as of this writing), they feature performance optimized technology and design that give drivers with better control, better handling, and better braking both on the track and on the street.
Why Buy a SRT?
While the features and options available on any Dodge SRT will, of course, vary by model, drivers can look forward to performance minded features in any SRT model they choose, including:
- HEMI Engines: Each SRT Trim is powered by a monstrous Supercharged HEMI®V8 engine. From the modest 475-hp and 470 lb.-ft. of torque producing Dodge Durango to the Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye that puts out a dominating 797-hp and 707-lb.-ft. of torque, each vehicle is focused on one thing: speed.
- Brembo Braking: The Dodge SRT sports high-performance Brembo calipers and slotted brakes to take the heat and give serious stopping power on both the track and Chatham streets.
- Aerodynamics: Years of thought and attention have gone into the SRT exterior design to make these vehicles more aerodynamic for better, smoother handling. Many SRT vehicles include spoilers, air induction hoods, wide-body styling, and other modifications designed to reduce drag and improve handling.
All put together, SRT is a powerhouse that gives drivers access to more of the speed, dominance, and style they look for in buying a muscle-bound performance car
Find your New SRT Model in Springfield
Get your foot on the accelerator of a Dodge SRT vehicle at Green Dodge and enjoy the kind of heart-stopping performance only a recognized leader with more than 50 years’ experience can provide. Have additional questions about performance vehicles? Our team would be happy to speak with you! Stop by our showroom in Springfield.