What is the 2020 RAM 2500 Towing Capacity?
Are you looking for a truck that won’t quit the job site until you do? The RAM 2500 has a history of delivering powerful results to Springfield drivers. However, you may be wondering “how much can a RAM 2500 tow?” The 2020 RAM 2500 is a heavy-duty pickup that’s designed to take on any tough task. It can be used to tow heavy-duty equipment on the Chatham jobsite or it can tackle any DIY project in the Rochester area. With two powerful engine options, the RAM 2500 can tow tens of thousands of pounds with ease. Learn more about the RAM 2500 performance and towing capacity below with Green Dodge!
How Much Can a RAM 2500 Tow?
So, how much can a RAM 2500 tow? It depends on the engine you choose and the towing accessories you add to it. Regardless of what you choose to tow, however, the RAM 2500 will be able to pull it without breaking a sweat. We’ve detailed the differences between the two engines below so you can see which one will fit your needs.
- When equipped with the 6.4L HEMI® V8 engine, the RAM 2500 can tow up to 17,540 pounds and offers a 4,010-pound max payload capacity.
- With the 6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6 engine, RAM drivers can enjoy performance that is almost off the charts. This engine offers an astounding max towing capacity of 19,680 pounds and a max payload capacity of 3,160 pounds.
RAM 2500 Engine Specs
The towing capacity of the RAM 2500 is unparalleled in its class, and that’s thanks to the two engine options it has for Decatur drivers. Not only do these engines offer amazing towing and payload capacity though, but they have great specs that help make the RAM 2500 a reliable vehicle for the worksite. Read more about the specs for the RAM 2500 engine options below.
- Standard: The RAM 2500 comes standard with a 6.4L HEMI® V8 engine that delivers best-in-class 410 hp and 429 lb-ft of torque.
- Diesel: If you are looking to tow a little more weight, you can opt for the 6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6 engine that produces 370 hp and 850 lb-ft of torque.
Head-Turning Towing Capabilities
Taking advantage of the 2020 RAM 2500 towing capacity is easier than ever thanks to features like Bed Lowering Mode, dynamic centerline display with hookup assist, and a host of other available towing features. We’ve detailed two of the most popular towing features for you below:
- With the 12,000-pound ratedWarn® Zeon-12 Winch, you can be confident that your load is secure, despite the winches light weight.
- The Trailer Camera Wiring system can accommodate two cameras. These cameras can be positioned strategically on or within your trailer for safer towing when traveling on the Litchfield streets. The video will feed directly into your Uconnect® touchscreen centrally located in the cabin.
The RAM 2500 towing features will make hauling thousands of pounds easier so you can tow confidently around town, or across the country.
Ready to Take on the 2020 RAM 2500 Towing Capacity?
With the best towing capacity in its class, it’s no wonder that so many drivers want either the RAM 2500 or the even more powerful RAM 3500. Visit us at Green Dodge today to take a test drive in this amazing vehicle so you can feel its power and performance in person. Our friendly staff will help you explore all of our new vehicle specials to find the RAM 2500 that’s best for you. You can also compare the RAM 2500 with the Ford F-250. Have questions? Contact us today and we would be happy to help!
More from Green Dodge
If you’re looking for a pickup truck, you won’t want to overlook the trucks that RAM has to offer. The RAM 1500 is a perfect fit if you’re in need of a light-duty pickup truck loaded with power and efficiency that can tow a boat or trailer around Chatham, whereas the RAM 2500 or…
There’s a reason that the Ram 1500 is one of the most popular light-duty trucks in the U.S. It even won the 2019 Motor Trend Truck of the year. We know truck drivers from Chatham to Decatur are always interested in what’s happening with this pickup, so we’ve got great news for you. Drivers will have…
From the all-new RAM 1500 to the RAM 1500 Classic, the RAM 1500 lineup has remained one of the most popular truck names for its impressive performance. Just how much can a RAM 1500 tow? This light-duty truck offers a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds, earning it a Best-in-Class V8 Engine towing rating. So…