What are the Advantages of Genuine OEM CDJR Parts?
If you bring your vehicle into Green Dodge and their Dodge service center for regular maintenance, your vehicle will be fitted with genuine OEM parts by our certified mechanics. If you choose a chain or an independent chain instead, you’ll find that they typically use aftermarket parts for your vehicle. This is important when you’re ordering Mopar® parts for yourself to do repairs at home. The difference for the average driver near Chatham is important, and Green Dodge is here to break it down.
Why Shop for Mopar® Parts
It’s important to know what OEM and Mopar® mean. OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer, and Mopar® (derived from “Motor Parts”) is a division of Chrysler, providing parts for Chrysler, Dodge, FIAT, Jeep, and Ram brand vehicles. In this way, ordering Mopar® parts online is the same as ordering OEM parts. Shopping for Mopar® parts for a Dodge Charger means you will always get parts made by Dodge plants, specifically for Dodge vehicles. Aftermarket parts, on the other hand, are made by a parts company and are often designed to be compatible with as many makes and/or models as possible.
This means aftermarket parts won’t deliver the same superior fit that genuine OEM parts purchased from a Mopar® parts store. In fact, many aftermarket parts cover such a wide range of makes and models that you may find yourself cutting and fitting it to your vehicle. That is why is it so important to buy Mopar® parts. And you can find plenty of options available at our Rochester-area dealership!
Benefits of Ordering Mopar® Parts Online
While aftermarket parts can be less expensive than shopping for Mopar® parts, they are also often cheaper in every sense of the word. The benefits of using official Dodge parts ordered from Mopar® parts online parts far outweigh any cons:
- Quality: Part of making aftermarket parts cheaper includes the use of inferior materials. This can lead aftermarket parts to fail and negate any initial savings that a driver may have gained.
- Performance: Buying Mopar® parts that have been designed specifically for your vehicle guarantees an optimal fit and an improved performance as a result.
- Selection: Because aftermarket parts are being made for every brand possible, there can be a huge and often confusing selection available if you are trying to shop by yourself. Ordering parts online from a certified Mopar® shop will ensure that you are getting exactly what you need for your Dodge repair or maintenance needs.
- Parts Warranty: Any genuine Dodge part is covered by a 2-year/unlimited-mileage warranty, whether driving around Decatur or across the country.
- Vehicle Warranty: If you are driving a new Dodge that is still under warranty, the use of aftermarket parts on your vehicle may void your warranty coverage. That is why it is important to shop from a certified Mopar® parts store.
Shop for Mopar® Parts Online at Green Dodge
We are here to help you learn how to buy Mopar® parts from a certified dealer such as our parts and service center. Schedule a service appointment today, or feel free to order OEM parts online using this order form for your at-home repairs. You can count on our knowledgeable parts department whether you need to order parts or simply need help installing new parts or accessories. Contact us today with any questions you might still have about how to order Mopar® parts online.