How to Tell if Your Dodge Vehicle Needs a New Battery
- Helps the Engine Fire
- Supplies Additional Current When Necessary
- Acts as an Electrical Reservoir
- Provides Energy to the Vehicle Lighting System
Review the warning signs, and if you experience any of these issues on your Taylorville commute, it’s time to upgrade your battery.
The warning signs your battery is at the end of its life
Obviously, if you attempt to turn over your engine and nothing happens, you may have some battery issues. But there are some subtle telltale signs that can warn you in advance that it’s time to give your battery some extra attention:
- Engine Cranks Slowly: Starting your vehicle takes a lot of power. A weak battery won’t be able to supply enough and could make the vehicle hard to start.
- Warning Lights: Most modern vehicles are equipped with dashboard warning lights that will let you know if it detects low battery power.
- Component Issues: Vehicle components that require electrical power such as windshield wiper motors, power seats, radio, and others, can start acting up if they aren’t getting enough power.
- Swelling: A neglected or damage battery can begin to swell and deform. A sure sign that it needs to be replaced immediately.
- Leakage: Excessive corrosion around the battery posts or gunk in the battery tray could be an indication the battery is leaking and should be replaced right away.
How to Choose a New Battery
Your vehicle owner’s manual will have specific guidelines on the kind of battery your vehicle needs for optimum performance. It’s important to note the current battery size, cold cranking amps, and life expectancy top. And of course, if you have any doubts you can always drop by your local service center near Chatham and get advice from a certified technician and take advantage of money-saving coupons while you’re at it.
Trust Green Dodge for the Dependable Service Your Vehicle Needs
If you aren’t sure if the issues with your Dodge vehicle are due to a bad battery, or you just want a certified technician to take care of the problem for you, we’re here to help. We can also let you know if you need any other parts serviced, including those that are important for summer driving. Schedule your auto service with Green Dodge online or by phone at 217-522-1222 or stop by our service center at 3801 Wabash Ave. in Springfield, IL, not far from Jacksonville, and we’ll take care of you right.