Can You Finance a Car with Bad Credit?
If you have a limited credit history or a poor credit score, you might be wondering how to finance a car with bad credit, or, “Can I get a car loan with bad credit?”. At Green Dodge, yes, it is possible, and our finance team is here to help you through the car buying process. Apply for Financing Contact Us
How Can You Finance a Car with Bad Credit?
Are you trying to get financing for a new or used car? While securing an automotive loan with little to no credit is more challenging, it can be done. Our finance team is here to help you through the process and provide you with options. With our professional help, we’re confident you’ll be able to secure a bad credit car loan. To get the process started, you can apply for financing online from your home in the Chatham area.
How to Get a Car with Bad Credit
If you’re ready to buy a car in spite of bad credit, follow these steps to ensure you’re in the best possible position to do so.
- Figure out your budget, as well as how much you can reasonably afford to pay upfront and each month.
- Try to set aside money for a bigger down payment, if possible, to offset the monthly payment costs.
- Work on improving your credit as much as possible before applying for an automotive loan.
- Be honest with yourself about what kind of car you should buy, and don’t purchase a vehicle that goes beyond what you need. A car or truck with all the bells and whistles is great, but if you only need the standard of features of the base trim, that’s ok.
- Ask questions throughout the car-buying and financing process to ensure you’re getting the best deal and fully understanding each step.
Buying a Car can Improve Your Credit
While it may seem counterintuitive to take out a car loan with poor credit, you can actually improve your credit by doing this. Being approved for a loan and making regular monthly payments on time can increase your credit score. This gives you more opportunities down the line for lower interest on loans and credit cards.
Finance a Car with Bad Credit at Green Dodge
Ready to purchase that new car, truck, or SUV? Explore our inventory online or in person in Springfield. You can also find out how to save money by figuring out the trade-in value of your current vehicle and taking a look at our new car specials. Contact us with any questions!
More From Green Dodge
There’s a reason that the Ram 1500 is one of the most popular light-duty trucks in the U.S. It even won the 2019 Motor Trend Truck of the year. We know truck drivers from Chatham to Decatur are always interested in what’s happening with this pickup, so we’ve got great news for you. Drivers will have…
From the all-new RAM 1500 to the RAM 1500 Classic, the RAM 1500 lineup has remained one of the most popular truck names for its impressive performance. Just how much can a RAM 1500 tow? This light-duty truck offers a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds, earning it a Best-in-Class V8 Engine towing rating. So…
If you need a truck that can handle even the toughest tasks in Chatham, you might be wondering, “How much can a RAM 3500 tow?” The 2020 RAM 3500 towing capacity reaches a maximum of 19,680 pounds when properly equipped — which is even more than the previous model year! When you need a…