Can You Finance a Car with Bad Credit?
If you have a limited credit history or a poor credit score, you might be wondering how to finance a car with bad credit, or, “Can I get a car loan with bad credit?”. At Green Dodge, yes, it is possible, and our finance team is here to help.
How Can You Finance a Car with Bad Credit?
While securing an automotive loan with little to no credit is more challenging, it can be done. Our finance team is here to help you through the process and provide you with options. With our professional help, we’re confident you’ll be able to secure a bad credit car loan. To get the process started, you can apply for financing online from your home in the Chatham area.
How to Get a Car with Bad Credit
If you’re ready to buy a car in spite of bad credit, follow these steps to ensure you’re in the best possible position to do so.
- Figure out your budget, as well as how much you can reasonably afford to pay upfront and each month.
- Try to set aside money for a bigger down payment, if possible, to offset the monthly payment costs.
- Work on improving your credit as much as possible before applying for an automotive loan.
- Be honest with yourself about what kind of car you should buy, and don’t purchase a vehicle that goes beyond what you need. A car or truck with all the bells and whistles is great, but if you only need the standard of features of the base trim, that’s ok.
- Ask questions throughout the car-buying and financing process to ensure you’re getting the best deal and fully understanding each step.
Buying a Car can Improve Your Credit
While it may seem counterintuitive to take out a car loan with poor credit, you can actually improve your credit by doing this. Being approved for a loan and making regular monthly payments on time can increase your credit score. This gives you more opportunities down the line for lower interest on loans and credit cards.
Finance a Car with Bad Credit at Green Dodge
Ready to purchase that new car, truck, or SUV? Explore our inventory online or in person in Springfield. You can also find out how to save money by figuring out the trade-in value of your current vehicle and taking a look at our new car specials. Contact us with any questions!
More From Green Dodge
Summer’s nearly upon us and the weather is looking nicer by the day, so you know what that means, right? It’s time to spruce up your near-mint vintage car and head on down to the local car shows in Springfield! If you’re a car enthusiast located in Springfield, or even surrounding towns like Chatham or…
If you’ve seen the latest RAM 1500 reviews, then you already know that the latest RAM lineup has been generating serious buzz in the industry. So it probably won’t surprise you that the RAM 2500 reviews have been absolutely glowing, praising the performance upgrades and terrific amenities of this heavy-duty favorite. Take a look at…
The 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye stands out as one of the most audacious models in the current Dodge lineup, right alongside the critically-acclaimed Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat. The Hellcat Redeye replaces 2018’s Challenger Demon, keeping the Demon’s widebody style and well-rounded power. Boasting up to 797 horsepower and exclusive drag-racing equipment, the Challenger…