Is the Dodge Demon Street Legal?
Are you thinking about picking up one of the new Dodge Demon, but wonder if one of these monsters could be your daily driver around Chatham – legally? The short answer is, yes, the Demon is a street legal muscle car.
The long answer is a bit more complicated.
You see, Dodge knows that a Rochester driver is probably not buying an SRT Demon to putter to the grocery store on Sunday with the kids, and they don’t want to be held accountable if a Demon driver makes some questionable maneuvers on the road. What does that mean for you? It means there’s a little extra paperwork is involved when buying a Dodge Challenger Demon.
In addition to the finance paperwork, you’ll be required to sign a waiver, releasing Dodge from any liability should you choose to take the car on the road or race it at the track. If that seems excessively cautious, it’s only because you haven’s seen the Demon’s specs.
Dodge SRT Demon Specs
A quick peek under the hood makes it clear why Dodge is so concerned about what drivers might do once they get behind the wheel of a new Demon:
- 840-hp HEMI V8: The Demon is equipped with the most powerful production engine ever made – the 6.2L Hemi SRT Demon V8 engine. This powerhouse generates 840-hp and 770 lb.-ft. of peak torque at 6,500 RPM.
- Fastest 0-60: The SRT Demon is designed to put rubber to the road in record time. In testing, this production supercar accelerated from 0-60 mph in just 2.3 seconds.
- Fastest 1/4 Mile: The Dodge clocked the quickest production 1/4 mile in history – 9.65 seconds at 140mph – that’s faster than some competition dragsters.
A List of Enviable Features
As enticing as all that power is, it’s not the only reason power-hungry drivers want a Demon in the driveway. Dodge has equipped the Challenger SRT Demon with a host of features that allow you to take full advantage of all the muscle car offers:
- Nitto Drag Radials: The standard 18-inch tires make sticking to the track that much easier.
- Brembo Brakes: The stopping power your Demon needs to control that boost.
- 4-Point Harnesses: Racing harnesses designed to keep you safe at the track.
- Torque Reserve Launch System: An advanced system designed to maximize launching power off the line.
- Air Grabber Hood Scoop: Get the extra air the supercharger needs to perform.
- Air-Conditioned Seats: Stay cool when things heat up.
Get Behind the Wheel of Your Own Demon Today
Want to learn more about the Demon or one of the other Challenger trims?
Contact Green Dodge and see what it takes to put a Challenger in your garage — does yours have what it takes to cage a Demon?