How Much Can a 2021 RAM 2500 Tow?
The 2021 RAM 2500 tow has a maximum towing capacity of 19,680 pounds! The new RAM 2500 carries with it enough power to handle anything work throws at you or you throw at it while adventuring near Chatham. Learn about the 2021 RAM 2500 engine specs and get more info about its towing features with Green Dodge.
2021 RAM 2500 Towing Capacity by Engine
The 2021 RAM 2500 can be fueled by one of two powerful available engines, which makes it easy to handle anything that work or play calls for near Rochester. Whether you need to move a job site’s worth of material or you’re pulling a camper, the 2021 RAM 2500 should be sufficient. Below are the engine specs for the two different engines, so you can decide which better meets your needs.
RAM 2500 w/ 6.4L HEMI® V8 Engine
- Transmission: 8-speed automatic
- Towing Capacity: 17,540 pounds
- Payload Capacity: 4,010 pounds
- Horsepower: 410
- Torque: 429 lb-ft
RAM 2500 w/6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6
- Transmission: 6-speed automatic
- Towing Capacity: 19,680 pounds
- Payload Capacity: 3,160 pounds
- Horsepower: 370
- Torque: 850 b-ft
The 6.4L engine gives you more horsepower, but if you need superior RAM 2500 towing power, the 6.7L Cummins® Turbo engine will be what you want.
2021 RAM 2500 Towing Features
When you need to further enhance the 2021 RAM 2500 towing capacity, you can find additional towing features that will help you move even the heaviest cargo around Decatur. Here are a few of the features you’ll find in the new RAM 2500 to help you tow with increased confidence:
- Surround View Camera with Trailer Reverse Guidance View: Ensures you have an extra set of eyes as you’re reversing your trailer on the road.
- 12,000-lb WARN® ZEON-12 Winch: Seamlessly attaches to your RAM 2500 for additional towing security.
- Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System: Maintains your trailer tire pressure and displays information right on your dashboard.
- BILSTEIN® Gas-Charged Monotube Shocks: Ensures the extra lift you need on those bumpy back roads.
- Auto-Level Rear Air Suspension with Bed Lowering Mode: An additional feature on the new RAM 2500 that helps you haul heavier cargo without flinching.
- Gooseneck Prep Package with Rear-Axle Crossmember: Hooks onto your trailer for additional towing security.
- Electronic Front Sway Bar: Keeps your trailer stable, regardless of your load, while you drive.
- Front and Rear Locking Differentials: Provides additional driving security by ensuring the tires continue to rotate regardless of resistance.
No matter the task at hand, the 2021 RAM 2500 provides the power and security you need, when you need it. Now that you know how much the 2021 RAM 2500 can tow, it’s clear this RAM truck can handle anything that you throw at it!
Discover the Towing-Ready RAM 2500 in Springfield
The experts here at Green Dodge are ready to help you find a new RAM 2500 in Springfield. When you contact us, you can schedule a test drive of one of these incredible trucks or speak to our finance department about available leasing opportunities. Let Green Dodge help you find the right vehicle for you today!
More About RAM 2500 Features
The 2021 RAM 2500 tow has a maximum towing capacity of 19,680 pounds! The new RAM 2500 carries with it enough power to handle anything work throws at you or you throw at it while adventuring near Chatham. Learn about the 2021 RAM 2500 engine specs and get more info about its towing features…
Are you looking for a truck that won’t quit the job site until you do? The RAM 2500 has a history of delivering powerful results to Springfield drivers. However, you may be wondering, “How much can a RAM 2500 tow?” The 2020 RAM 2500 is a heavy-duty pickup that’s designed to take on any tough…