How Much Does the 2020 RAM 1500 Weigh?
The 2020 RAM 1500 offers a class-leading design that maximizes both towing capacity and payload capacity compared to the Chevy Silverado 1500, but just how much does a RAM 1500 weigh? The 2020 RAM 1500 has a curb weight of between 4,798 to 5,374 pounds unloaded. When loaded with passengers and cargo, the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) falls between 6,800 and 7,100 pounds loaded. What does this mean for you and your Chatham travels? Let’s find out everything you need to know about the 2020 RAM 1500 weight!
2020 RAM 1500 Curb Weight vs. GVWR
You can express the 2020 RAM 1500 weight in different ways, so it’s important to keep each term straight when looking over the specs sheet:
- Curb weight: This is the weight of your unloaded vehicle, the truck’s pure weight before you introduce passengers and cargo.
- GVWR: The Gross Vehicle Weight Rating is the maximum weight of the loaded vehicle. The GVWR represents how much weight can be safely transported by the truck, including equipment and towing.
- Tongue Weight: This is the amount of weight that the fully loaded trailer places on the truck’s hitch downward, which is important to know if you tow heavy loads. Too much tongue weight can make your vehicle harder to control.
2020 RAM 1500 Curb Weight by Trim Level
The 2020 RAM 1500 weight provides optimal performance, so you get a mix of steel and aluminum that reduces total weight while boosting towing capacity. Take a look at how the 2020 RAM 1500 weight varies per trim level:
- 2020 RAM 1500 Tradesman Curb Weight: Between 4,798 and 5,227 pounds
- 2020 RAM 1500 Big Horn Curb Weight: Between 4,891 and 5,160 pounds
- 2020 RAM 1500 Laramie Curb Weight: Between 4,891 and 5,232 pounds
- 2020 RAM 1500 Rebel Curb Weight: Between 4,971 and 5,374 pounds
- 2020 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn Curb Weight: Between 4,903 and 5,232 pounds
- 2020 RAM 1500 Limited Curb Weight: Between 4,903 and 5,232 pounds
2020 RAM 1500 GVWR by Trim Level
Now you know the 2020 RAM 1500 weight unloaded, but what about the GVWR? The RAM 1500 offers Rochester drivers plenty of configurations built to handle heavy payload:
- 2020 RAM 1500 Tradesman GVWR: Between 6,800 and 7,100 pounds
- 2020 RAM 1500 Big Horn GVWR: Between 6,800 and 6,900 pounds
- 2020 RAM 1500 Laramie GVWR: Between 6,800 and 6,900 pounds
- 2020 RAM 1500 Rebel GVWR: Between 6,800 and 6,900 pounds
- 2020 RAM 1500 Longhorn GVWR: 6,900 pounds
- 2020 RAM 1500 Limited GVWR: 6,900 pounds
2020 RAM 1500 Towing Capacity
You’ve read all about the 2020 RAM 1500 weight, but how much can you tow around Decatur? The RAM 1500 towing capacity maxes out at 12,750 pounds with technology like:
- Active-Level™ Four Corner Air Suspension
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection
- 360 degree Surround View Camera
- Available 4×4 Off-Road Package
Find Your 2020 RAM 1500 at Green Dodge
Ready to experience the 2020 RAM 1500 in action? Interested in learning more about the RAM 1500? Explore the RAM 1500’s towing capacity. Contact us at Green Dodge with any questions about the lineup or how the 2020 RAM 1500 compares to the RAM 2500, or view our new RAM 1500 inventory from home!
More About RAM 1500 Features
From the all-new RAM 1500 to the RAM 1500 Classic, the RAM 1500 lineup has remained one of the most popular truck names for its impressive performance. Just how much can a RAM 1500 tow? This light-duty truck offers a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds, earning it a Best-in-Class V8 Engine towing rating. So…
The 2020 RAM 1500 offers a class-leading design that maximizes both towing capacity and payload capacity compared to the Chevy Silverado 1500, but just how much does a RAM 1500 weigh? The 2020 RAM 1500 has a curb weight of between 4,798 to 5,374 pounds unloaded. When loaded with passengers and cargo, the Gross Vehicle…
Drivers from Chatham to Rochester are gravitating toward the 2020 RAM 1500 when searching for a powerful and dependable light-duty pickup. The reputable new RAM 1500 truck can meet your every need! With six available RAM 1500 trim levels to choose from, you’ll find this pickup offers convenience for all your driving needs. Whether you’re…
It’s no wonder that the RAM 1500 Special Editions are popular among Chatham truck drivers, as they offer more power and performance than the base model. With a RAM 1500 Special Edition truck, you can choose from an array of custom features, allowing you to take home a vehicle that is optimized to fit your…