How Much Can a 2020 RAM 1500 Tow?
From the all-new RAM 1500 to the RAM 1500 Classic, the RAM 1500 lineup has remained one of the most popular truck names for its impressive performance. Just how much can a RAM 1500 tow? This light-duty truck offers a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds, earning it a Best-in-Class V8 Engine towing rating. So how does it achieve such sky-high figures around Decatur? Take a closer look at the 2020 RAM 1500 towing capacity with Green Dodge, and start thinking about which trim levels you want to test drive!
2020 RAM 1500 Towing Specs by Engine
Like the RAM 2500 and other trucks in the lineup, RAM offers plenty of options to fine-tune your road performance. The 2020 RAM 1500 payload capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds, and the 2020 RAM 1500 towing capacity varies depending on your powertrain choice.
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine Upg I: Produces 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque; towing capability maxes out at 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine: Produces up to 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine: Boosts towing to 12,750 pounds.
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 Engine: Produces up to 260 hp, 480 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 12,560 pounds—the highest diesel tow rating in its class.
2020 RAM 1500 Performance Features
You know how much can a RAM 1500 tow, but how does it feel on the road? Not only do you get robust horsepower and torque from its four engine options, but RAM also offers a wide variety of performance features to smooth out any bumps on Chatham roads:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: Creating a more efficient driving experience, this transmission pairs with the eTorque mild hybrid system to generate up to 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway.
- Braking Power: The RAM 1500 features 14.9-inch brakes, the largest in its class. This creates greater stopping power on and off-road.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This optional safety feature gives you an extra set of eyes on your blind zones while automatically adjusting for trailer length.
- Multi-Function Tailgate: The available 60/40 split gate gives you greater versatility on the Rochester roads, offering better access without compromising stability.
Diesel vs. Gas Towing: What’s the Difference?
While the RAM 1500 has many advantages over the Chevy Silverado 1500, one of its strengths is having diesel and gas engines. What’s the difference? While there’s no better or worse option, you might find one that suits your needs better.
- Diesel Towing: Diesel trucks usually have more torque, which translates to better towing capacity. This also leads to better fuel economy and longevity.
- Gas Towing: Gas trucks typically don’t have a diesel engine’s torque, but they tend to have better acceleration and horsepower. They are also cheaper to maintain and fill up at the gas pump.
More About RAM 1500 Features
Ready to experience the RAM 1500 power in person? Contact us at Green Dodge in Springfield for more information, and we’ll get you behind the wheel of the model of your choice! If a new truck isn’t within your budget, browse our used trucks for sale.
More from Green Dodge
From the all-new RAM 1500 to the RAM 1500 Classic, the RAM 1500 lineup has remained one of the most popular truck names for its impressive performance. Just how much can a RAM 1500 tow? This light-duty truck offers a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds, earning it a Best-in-Class V8 Engine towing rating. So…
The 2020 RAM 1500 offers a class-leading design that maximizes both towing capacity and payload capacity compared to the Chevy Silverado 1500, but just how much does a RAM 1500 weigh? The 2020 RAM 1500 has a curb weight of between 4,798 to 5,374 pounds unloaded. When loaded with passengers and cargo, the Gross Vehicle…
Drivers from Chatham to Rochester are gravitating toward the 2020 RAM 1500 when searching for a powerful and dependable light-duty pickup. The reputable new RAM 1500 truck can meet your every need! With six available RAM 1500 trim levels to choose from, you’ll find this pickup offers convenience for all your driving needs. Whether you’re…
It’s no wonder that the RAM 1500 Special Editions are popular among Chatham truck drivers, as they offer more power and performance than the base model. With a RAM 1500 Special Edition truck, you can choose from an array of custom features, allowing you to take home a vehicle that is optimized to fit your…